What Does a Home Inspector Do?
Details Home Inspections is a professional home inspector in Vancouver WA that believes that your new home is a very important investment. Having a home inspection is an indispensable part of the home-buying process! Making this purchase without one is very much the same as buying a car without even taking a test drive or kicking the tires.
As you go through the process of buying a new home, your real estate agent will likely recommend you include a home inspection clause upon making an offer so you know if there are any expenses to expect once the home becomes yours.
So now you know that hiring a home inspector is a good idea when purchasing a new home, and you may be wondering how to go about the process… To help get you started, today we will be discussing some do’s and don’ts of home inspection!
But first, let us explain what residential home inspectors do!
Below are some of our inspection services at Details Home Inspections:
· Home buyer inspections
· Pre-listing inspections
· New construction/phase inspections
· Multi-family dwelling inspections
· One year warranty services
· Radon testing
To help you in the process, it is our goal to make sure that you know exactly what you are getting in your home purchase through taking an objective visual evaluation of its physical structure and systems.
Here are a few “do’s” to remember about your home inspection report:
· Do remember that in terms of issues, the perfect home simply does not exist. It is not uncommon for a report to have multiple issues.
· Do expect the process to take between 2-3 hours depending on the size, condition, and age of the home.
· Do remember that when it comes to your new home, there is no “pass” or “fail.” Our inspection is meant to provide you with the information you need to decide whether or not to go back to the seller with a list of fixes, buy the home as is, or walk away from the deal.
· Do follow your home inspector as they investigate the home. This way you can receive a real-time explanation of the conditions that are found within the home, along with what needs to be fixed right away and what can wait.
When it comes to a quality home inspection, here are a few “don’ts” to remember:
· Don’t try to forgo the professionals by doing the inspection yourself! Not only is it difficult to determine all the electrical, plumbing, and structural problems without experience, but there are also emotional factors that come with buying a new home.
· Don’t just hire the first home inspector you find! Your real estate agent can probably recommend someone who will do a good job, and reading customer reviews is always a good idea.
· Don’t expect your home inspection to be a warranty. The report you receive identifies the issues found the day of inspection and does not predict any future problems that could arise a few months or a few days down the road.
So if you are starting to search for a home, don’t go it alone! A comprehensive home inspection can save you a great deal of hassle and money in potential problems, and help you get the best deal possible on your new home!
Work with one of our experienced home inspectors in Vancouver WA to make sure there are no surprises along the way! Contact us today to find out what secrets your dream home might be hiding!